CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yes, It's my Birthday....

Birthdays have changed for me so much! I remember as a child I would lay awake at nights before my Birthday, dreaming of the mounds of presents that I would get. What was silly because although I always got presents, they were never MOUNDS. My parents always made my birthday special.

The most vivid memory I have regarding a birthday was the one when I turned five. Anyone who knew me as a child knew that I was a very smart and exhausting child. I remember this birthday because my parents played on that...I woke up and went around them. Not one of my parents said Happy Birthday! I went over to my dad and told him it was my birthday. He shrugged it off like it was no big deal. I don't remember my mom baking a cake, or her making a fuss. I was livid! This was a big deal birthday for me and nothing. No Auntie Arlene coming over with Jenna and Lance, nothing. I was about to have a nervous breakdown, when my parents blindfolded me with one of my dad's ties.

They took me and Abra, okay Abra and I for a ride and wound up in front of Chuckie Cheese! My cousins and Auntie Arlene were there, I think, because after that I was wide eyed and feeling mighty high on my cloud nine!

Back 26 years later....I just enjoy having my family around. I don't dream about mounds of presents, I just hope for my children to follow directions and a clean house.

Thank you for the cookie jar mom, It looks cute in the cupboard in my house! We are to scared to put cookies in it, because I have two cookie monsters living in my house. mmmm...who could those be? Bet you'll never guess.

4 comments:

Aquaspce said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLI... I haven't mailed your card... if I remember to, you'll get one, if I don't remember to, you'll probably get it at Christmas :P

Myrna said...

I am glad you remember that Chucky Cheese birthday!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was a good one!

I can't believe how big Andrew and Matthew are getting! I hardly recognize them!

Arrika said...

Happy Birthday!!! The Photos look amazing :)