CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Abra.....

Since today is my sister's milestone birthday.......I thought I dedicate the posting to her.

When we were growing up, quite often we shared birthday parties, in fact we shared a lot of things. We sometimes shared a room, friends, clothing and even secrets. We even "pretended" to have a secret language between us, sometimes I think we actually understood each other. We didn't get along much, but we stood by each others side when others picked on us. We were two completely different individuals, yet we were a lot alike.

She was the fashion queen, I could care less. She is beautiful naturally, and knows how to accessorize that. She could always have been a model.

Today and until the fourteenth of October I am the same age as her. This was my favorite time of the year. I think we got along the best these four days. I remember we'd go to the mall and try and run into people who knew very little about us. Then we'd introduce each other as our sister. Then we'd give our ages. They'd of course ask us if we were twins... then we'd explain, sometimes that our birthdays were so close. Sometimes we'd even have a hard time convincing people we were sister's!

I always say we get along better since we live in different countries, but truth is I miss her and her kids like crazy! I think the reason why we get along better so far apart is that we have to work harder at any type of relationship. We no longer have time for squabbles.

We have moved on from toy taking, back slapping, boy stealing, into motherhood. What an awesome opportunity this is for both of us to be able to do! I get to see her tears of joy and her tears of pain, as she raises her three beautiful children. I get to receive her calls of duress and her calls of excitement.

I, no longer am a big sister, I get to be her friend.

Happy Birthday Abra! I love and miss you!

(p.s. your card will be in the mail, with Pipers!)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey! I'm so glad that you guys found my blog...and that you are blogging. Now we can keep in touch easier. You need to post more pics of you family, I love your header though. It sounds like you guys are doing awesome, congrats on getting married. Good luck with the van :) I know how car problems go!

Aquaspce said...

Thanks Kelli...
I remember the toy taking (you) The back slapping (both) but I don't remember the boy stealing...
I love you :)

Kelline said...

maybe not boy stealing.....teasing though.........