CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 14, 2008

RoseMarie

I have decided to dedicate my Friday posts to one of my children.

RoseMarie is 11 years old, almost 12! She is not only my biggest helpers, but one of my best friends!

I remember when she was born....I was so young then! She didn't want to leave me, she spent an extra 15 days past her due date! Then I had 3 days of labor with her. When she was born, the doctor told me that I didn't have a newborn, I had a one month old baby! She looked like a porcelain doll.

Rosie was so quick to learn everything growing up. She rolled over early, talked early, crawled early! She never did anything she didn't know how to.

I remember her being able to crawl to the top of the stairs and she would just sit and watch, never attempting to go down. Then one day she went down! I never had to worry about things being flushed down the toilet or my house decorated with toilet paper, she never got into things like that.

She wasn't even two and we would have sentence like conversations. I remember she caught me crying one time, she was about 20 months, and she stroked my head and said, "It's okay mommy, I'm here now." That made me cry even more!

After her first brother was born I thought she was the sweetest big sister! She was so sweet and gentle with him, while I was watching! I asked her father (David) to watch the two children...Rosie almost 2 and Matthew not even a month old, while I took a shower. I got out of the shower and checked the living room, no Matthew! I asked David where he was, without looking from his computer answered, "In the living room." I went and checked again...no Matthew! By this time I am worried, my heart is pounding, and I am checking the door, locked, the window, locked! "David, HE"S GONE!" I scream. He gets up, he thinks I hid him, because I always tell him that he never watches the kids, finally he realizes I am serious.

I mean where could a 1 month old be? We lived in a 2-bedroom, 5 room apartment, but no sign of him. We search every room but Rosie's. I am standing in the hall and I happen out of the corner of my eye see a little foot fly up behind the kitchen set. I move the kitchen set and there is Matthew, squashed between the wall and the kitchen set, but safe and sound!

How did a child who is not quite 2, manage to get her 1 month old brother there?

I found this out about a week later, while I was talking to my mother on the phone. I had my back momentarily turned from the two children. I turned around to see Rosie take Matthew by the ankles and start to drag him from his blanket.

Since that incident, she has accepted the fact that she has siblings and loves them dearly. After the to boys, she would pray every night that she would get a sister. I tell her that she must have been really good, because she wound up with two sisters!

Since the twins birth she has been a second mother to them. I couldn't ask for a better daughter.

I save some more stories about Rosie for another Friday.......I actually have WORK to do!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Rosie is such a sweet girl!

Myrna said...

Yeah for Rosie!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet girl! That part about the "It's okay. I'm here now," got to me. That's so adorable. I'm looking forward to getting to know your kids through your Friday posts.