CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Christina

In following both my sisters, I think reflections on Fridays is a good thing. I decided to dedicate the next six Friday's to each of my children.

When I first met Christina I didn't know she would wind up being one of my children. I am so grateful she is, because she is so smart and loving and a great big sister to all my children, especially Rosie.

I started babysitting Christina when she was three years old. She was so smart even then! She loved it when I would come over and spent many times snuggling on my lap. The most vivid thing I remember about her was the fact she HATED going to bed.

She would scream at the top of her lungs for hours, if I let her. She only did that for the first weeks or so. I became one of the sitters that she didn't exhibit that behavior for.

As she grew up I co-coached her soccer team. She was a great team player!

When she was seven, her and Asheli would come over and babysit my three younger children. She was so good to them.

I remember that she had this business pant suit, just like the executives wear. She loved to wear it to school! She was always very mature for her age and a great helper.

She always did what I asked her to, and was quick to inform if the other siblings were not following instructions.

Now that she is in high school, she is above a 3.5 grade point average. She is planning to get her CNA certification and eventually her nursing degree.

When she comes and visits on weekends, the twins light up to see her and Rosie is very excited. She is such a great help with the girls and boys. They look up to her.

I am so glad that she is a part of our family now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed Christina's company the few times I have met her. I'm glad that she has become one of the family and that my grand kids enjoy her so much. Also I'm glad that she is a big help to you. :)

Myrna said...

I feel like Christina is a blessing to you--you have given up a lot in your life, and I think God gave you Christina as a "give back" because you deserve it. I don't know if I am making sense to anyone else, but I think you perhaps can understand what I mean.