CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Late night post???

I know, pretty bizarre for even me.

I up frying cornbread, or maybe I should say burning cornbread. Whenever I make cornbread, I burn it. It's a given. Just like whenever I fry hamburger I burn it. Oh well I say....but it's a little embarrassing to take a burnt cornbread stuffing to the work potluck....I have figured out the trick, I just peel the burnt layer off, because it's stuffing, nobody will know right?

Just me and my blogging community....and I KNOW I can trust you all RIGHT?

I was in discussion about parenting techniques with Johnathan tonight. I am not perfect at all at parenting, but after five kiddos, dozen of different parenting classes (Love and Logic, 123 Magic, Step Families, and more)
I have learned a thing or to.

Tonight I learned something.

Amazing, eh? (I'm still a little Canadian y'all!)

We were talking about approaches and Johnathan a nice guy and all, but he isn't very receptive to my piles of books and literature I have received from dozen of classes. I look at it all and it is overwhelming, but soooo wonderful.

He asked about what was in the scriptures. I looked at him. Then I thought of Christ. Christ spent his whole life teaching. That's what he did, taught through sermons and through parables. There was only one time he really ever was angry. He taught by example and through his love for our Heavenly Father.

I took a step back. I even pulled out the bible and did some reading in the New Testament. I found a parable to help with an issue that I am having for my daughter, I mean word for word! I pray that she will understand the message through it.

It's funny how revelations hit you like a ton of bricks. Duh! Here I have been sitting with probably the best instruction manual for parenting, and yet I never thought of it that way.

I hope that I can start to model my parenting skills after the Savior.

My first goal, remember baby steps:

I want to teach and be heard, not yell to be heard.

1 comments:

Myrna said...

Like I said before, wise.