CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Misconceptions?

I have learned when I have blogger block, to read my friends and family's blogs to open my mind. Reading about the musings of my nephew Kai, inspired me to share some musings of my own sweet children......

How to do Arithmetic and Not to Cheat....according to Matthew

I am always on the go, so we do a lot of homework practice in the car. I'd say what's 3+4 and the kids would shout back an answer. Andrew was in kindergarten, Matthew first grade and Rosie was in third.

Andrew was very good at getting the answers. I now know why...

Matthew, "Andrew cheating! No fare."

Me. "How is he cheating?"

Matthew, "He's counting on his fingers, and that's cheating."

Me," Sweetie that's the way that you learn how to add in your head; How do you do it?"

Matthew,"Well, at school I just look over on the person's next to me, and copy what they have."

(Me. A little too stump to answer for a while.......)

I of coursed pulled him aside and hopefully explained the whole cheating concept clearer........

5 comments:

Myrna said...

Cute story...good teaching opportunity.

An Ordinary Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
An Ordinary Mom said...

I guess it is better to learn this lesson now rather than later :) !!

Aquaspce said...

Kai used my fingers to add 9 plus 9 acurately is that cheating because he didn't use his own hands?

Kelline said...

did he copy your answers?