CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

My two year olds did Laundry!

There's giggling coming from the other side of the door. Chairs bang into walls as their carriers struggle under their weight. The metal bangs echo as the chairs are set against the large machines. Two little heads try to sneak into the room and tackle a basket 2x bigger then them. He assists the eager helpers with sorting the items from the basket.

"No, that one is white, just the pretty colors in here."

This statement and others similar to it are what I hear from afar. I get up to investigate. My wonderful man is helping the girls start a load of laundry, allowing me to get some rest and watch American Idol.

Now I am quite sure that if HE was the one to tell the story, they were assisting him, but to-may-toe, to-ma-toe, I know what I saw.

I saw a loving father teaching skills to two eager absorbers of information. I saw their eagerness to help with a "grown-up" household task. I saw him so patiently assisting the measuring of the soaps. I saw my family.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

He's a keeper!

Nancy said...

Beautiful. Laundry is a very interesting task. Rachel enjoys it as well.