CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I can't promise this'll be the last post for the day!

Yesterday was an awesome day! I have hinted once or twice at my boss about a raise, but was not prepared to ask for one until the end of February.

I am an excellent employee, however I am just one of those people that have things happen. Before kids, the things that happened were workable. Since having kids, especially the twins, life just seems to be a roller coaster of unexplainable events. I mean seriously, how many of you know someone who has to leave work to get their son out from underneath a table in kindergarten? Why are you thinking couldn't the teacher do it? Duh! He was throwing chairs at anyone who got close enough!

In one week, my dad had a triple by-pass surgery AND my car's engine killed. Within less than 4 months, I get into two car accidents and my daughter almost dies!

At least I get breaks every now and then. I found this wonderful company that I now work for. The boss has twins, so he understands a little. I was told never to feel guilty if I have to miss work because of my kids!

I received a raise, not huge, but nothing to shrug at either. I have demonstrated that I am a faithful employee, within the 5 months of being here. It still surprised me all the same. There is not much work for me to do (obviously I'm blogging). It's nice to get appreciated.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That's great! I got a small raise too, and that will help to pay off the loan we had to get for my husband's school.

Nancy said...

Congratulations!