CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Some Memories of Patrick

After reading m mother's blog and "meeting" Patrick's girlfriend online, I've been thinking about him (Patrick) a lot. I am the oldest one in my family, and there is quite a generation gap between him and I.



Patrick was my buddy when he was about the twins age. I was home schooled and tended him while my parents worked. When I think back to those years, and about Patrick, the show "Kids say the darnest things" come into mind. Patrick is someone who speaks his mind.



I took him with me when he was about 3 or 4 years old to a garage sale. The lady running the garage sell happened to be smoking. Patches (Patrick's nickname back then), pinched his nose, and cleared his throat. Getting no response he cleared his throat louder. The lady looked at him and he says, "Excuse me, but some of us have to breathe down here!". Needless to say, we didn't get anything and left quickly after that.



Another time, I took him to a neighbors house. He was young about 3, and everyone around him was pregnant. This lady we were visiting wasn't, but due to her size, Patches asked her, "Are you having a baby?" Of course she wasn't, and obviously not the shiniest pebble on the beach, because she answered, "No, why would you think that?". Even back than before having my own children I knew that was not the question to ask after someone thought you were pregnant. I mean seriously, I as an adult couldn't answer that one without digging some kind of hole.

Patches responded in an honest 3/4 year old logic, "Because you're getting kind of fat!" Needless to say that put a sword in our neighborly friendship.

This next one, is about Patches first girlfriend and her name was Chelsea. She was this adorable little girl who lived up the street. She would come and ring the doorbell to see if Patches could come and play. No at this time in his life little girls were not an interest. Now if she had been a boy or better yet a Power Ranger or Ninja Turtle, he'd be all on it! Instead he'd poke his head throw the railing at the top of the stairs and whisper yell, "Tell her I'm not here." I think this is funny because he was only about 3 maybe 4 at the time.

One more tail for now, this one more embarrasses me, but it's funny and about Patches. I had a bunch of mixed youth (boys and girls) from the church over for some kind of planning activity. I was about 14 years old at the time. Patches thought it would be great to give everyone a "present". He went into the bathroom and came out with "presents", preceding to hand everyone a unused feminine pad. I still remember the embarrassment I felt as I quickly collected everyone's "presents" and cried or wailed to my mother.................

1 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What funny memories, Kelline!