CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dear Kelline.....

I know if you are a reader of my blog, you know that I am far from receiving the mother of the year award. I promise that I don't really beat my children and I try to neglect them as little as possible.

Since, I do have a small herd of children, I often get asked how I do it, and survive.

First let me say, warning future herders of children, wear and tear does occur, lost of voice may happen, sags appear in the oddest places and grey hairs are just a glimpse of the job description. There are many rewards, but from what I have been told by past herders, the true reward is having your child call you after having their own herd and apologizing and telling you, you were right.

(Mom, I am so sorry and I love you and you were right most of the time!)

I had 3 children of mine in 3 years and then 6 years later had twins. Shortly after that I inherited a teenager. My total 6. We are out numbered!!!

My girlfriend asked me when she was over this past weekend how I have done it. This got me thinking.......

Breathe.....Count.....and ask does it really matter?

How important is it that Sabrina puts on "real" clothes verses the "princess" outfit she created? How funny Olivia's picture look with various bits of her hair chopped will be when I show them to her friends in 12 years! Who is the one that will be sad he broke his toys when he threw a fit?

I have the whatever attitude now. Maybe it's because I am getting older, maybe it's because I really am out numbered and I have just opt to giving in. I personally think that when its the big stuff, I'll be there and more aware, because I have not wasted unneeded energy on whether or not pink hearts on grey pants matches with a blue star and red/white stripped shirt.

1 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Kelline, I am glad you are coming!

I will tone down my nudity, now that I know you are bringing children.