CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

So those shocking pet collars....do they make them for kids?

I sound like a horrible mother, but seriously haven't you ever thought about a tying a child on a leash in the back yard, investing in a dog run for your kid, or even yet putting those shocking pet collars on your kids neck with the "invisible" fence????

Since we have officially moved into this house, I have lost the twins I don't how many times....

The first time was scary.


Jonathan was moving boxes, and Rosie had just left for dance practice. I was unpacking and checking on the girls. Sabrina was missing. I assumed she had followed Jonathan upstairs for another load, so I didn't worry too much. After all the girls had been "helping" him earlier. Since it was about 9:00 p.m., I put a movie on for Olivia, got her laid down, and when Jonathan came down with the load, I asked him to bring Sabrina in to lay down too. He then informed me he didn't have her. We searched two apartments and started on the yard. I called my sister-in-law and her family and we screamed and searched. We had about 8 people looking for her. No sign anywhere.

The panic rose real fast. I called 911. At this point she had not been visible seen for about 20 minutes. 20 minutes means she could be almost in Provo by now. The police was on there way. My niece Annie found her about the same time the police showed up. This neighbor saw her walking in front of the house and picked her up. Then drove up to the church (about two blocks away)!!!! I was relived but started getting angry as the lady continued to tell the officer she had my daughter for over an hour and nobody was calling a child's name or looking for her.

Breathe....hug your child, be thankful you found her, and try not to punch the lady accusing you of poor parenting.......

After all how many of you out there with multiple children have NEVER lost a kid for 20 minutes or so.....

Bringing us to this Tuesday.....

We (Sabrina, Olivia, and I) were cleaning the playroom. We were excited, because I had just gotten containers to sort the toys, and we were having fun cleaning. Olivia asked to go to the bathroom, and with permission off she went! Sabrina and I were still sorting. It seemed an awful long time and no Olivia. I called her name, but no answer. I started searching frantically, but no Olivia. I swear I didn't pass the playroom and go outside, but I couldn't be 100% sure. Rosie and I searched the two sets of bunk beds, 4 closets, Rosie's bed. No Olivia. Desperately, I called my sister-in-law, and again her family took to the search. I was scared, again. I called 911. Again I told them that Olivia was missing. About 8 police showed up. One officer went into the house and we searched room by room. By this time Olivia had been missing over 40 minutes. I was a wreck. I checked my small walk in closet, and I couldn't see her. The officer shining his flashlight along the floor of the closet, spotted her white stocking feet. This little angel? of mine had hid in my graduation gown, which being close the front of my closet, when I pushed my clothes back to search for her was out of my line of vision. Luckily the officer was outside the closet shining the flashlight in, so he could see her!

I am quite sure that the city of Herriman are going to start to link these disappearances together and show up with child protective services and hand me the worst mother of the year award!

Until then....invisible fencing is humane....right?

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Yikes, that is so scary!

Bruce Conrad said...

Many years ago, when about the same age as your twins, Elizabeth went missing for about 40 minutes and we searched all over the neighborhood. Finally found her asleep in a dirty clothes hamper, mostly covered in towels, in a closet. Heart-wrenching moments. Hang in there: they do grow up (to become teenagers (yikes), who then grow up to become adults).

Heidi said...

Those little stinkers hide, don't they? Any time I've been unable to find my kids, it's because they were hiding. (I would have punched that lady).

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "So those shocking pet collars....do they make them for kids?" to our Directory of Pets . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

petgarden.info Team

http://www.petgarden.info