CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 29, 2009

My kids are smarter then your kids, and now my hair is grey!

Yesterday I got a phone call from my dear sweet husband.....

"You know what one of your daughters did?"
(ever notice how when children do something questionable a "y" is added to the our?)

"Have no clue, but I'm sure you'll tell me."

"I was busy putting away the groceries and I put the chain across the (outside) door so the girls wouldn't get out. I went to go check on them and Olivia got outside. She moved a chair, undid the chain, and moved the chair again, to go outside."

"I have smart children what can I say?"

See, I know that there reaches an age where, no lock, threats or anything works....and we are there. I went through this already 6 years ago with the boys. I went through nights, where I had to move the couch in front of the door and sleep on it, to insure no escapees. I even had to have some one install the key dead bolt locks, to keep them in.

At least this time, I have someone to help ease my frustrations. My children are so smart, a little too smart at times. They know how to help themselves to fridge. Most parents wouldn't mind, but when you pull out the cheese and there's a bite mark in it, or the cookie dough has been dug into with 3-yr old little fingers, it's a little discouraging. I know this stage will pass, but I am very grateful that I am done raising children.

This past weekend we were at a family reunion on Jonathan's side. I got to hold a little baby, little compared to my babies. I started getting a wee-bit baby hungry. Then an officer rolled by in a car. He asked who were the parents of the two girls by the park sign. I looked and I sadly had to raise my hand. They were okay, the officer just wanted to make sure that they had parents here, since they weren't playing with other children. I snuggled the baby in my arms and my baby hungriness left real quick. I love my kids. As I am finishing the last of the potty training and trying to steer my children towards preparing for kindergarten, I am finding a sense of relief. I'll have grand babies soon enough that I can enjoy and then turn over to their parents.

(CHRISSY & ROSIE that's no sooner then 6 years for CHRISSY & 9 years for ROSIE!)


Okay enough rambling........till the next time!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Kids are just way too smart for their own good!

Heidi said...

Phew! They sure keep you busy, don't they?