CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Rewind in Time

My daughter RoseMarie, just had the class. You all know that "special" class in or around 6th grade. If you don't then maybe you had the "talk" with one of your parents, hopefully some point in your life. If you haven't, and you've reached adulthood, email me and I explain that women and men are different.

Anyways, back to the point of this.

RoseMarie received the assorted bag of goodies from the class, she has left it in the car for several days now. Yesterday the twins found it and started pulling things out....

Rewind!

I was about 13 yrs old and we were having some kind of meeting at our house. I think it was for a church talent show or something like that. P. was my younger brother and about three years old. He came in the living room and said he had "presents" for everyone. He started handing out maxi pads to everyone. I about died of embarrassment! All these friends of mine, boys included received a nicely wrapped "present".

Fast Forward!

The vivid memory and embarrassment quickly came into view as I watched the girls wave tampons to passing cars. My daughter seems to be unfazed by this chain of events! Who knows maybe my brother scarred me for life?

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My husband is still terrified of tampons. No joke. I sometimes chanse him around with the box.

I asked him if I could do a blog post about it, and he said no. :(

Myrna said...

I had forgotten about the "present" episode. Thanks for the laugh!