CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

A flash back

I was a horrible older sister.

I tricked my siblings a lot.

I was reading a blog my sister did regarding a prank her husband pulled on my mother when visiting and it refreshed my memory.......

We lived in Vancouver, BC. Being active in the LDS church, my parents liked to make the trek down to Seattle, WA to go to the temple. It was about a 3 hr drive, making the trip almost an all day activity.

I remember I was about 13 yrs old. My parents wanted me to watch my younger siblings. I was 13 and really didn't want to. I wasn't the happiest camper when I was awoken in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday, I was told they were leaving....

Morning came and I grudgingly handed out bowls of cereal and tried to tune our none cable TV to cartoons....

Nancy was about four years old and at that age very eccentric? with her emotions. She kept asking me where mom and dad was. "Gone!" was my one worded response. This answer did not satisfy her. She kept on bugging me. I glared down at her and told her mom and dad had died and I had to be the new mom.

Nancy went into a fit of hysterics.....needless to say I learned if I wanted an easier time babysitting....never, ever tell the child her parents had died.......

1 comments:

MOMster said...

Awwww. I did something similar to my younger sister when I was annoyed with her. She panicked and I will always remember the look on her face. I wasn't the best older sister either. I think I've improved since then though.